-
Tracking Dr. Marc Faber of The Gloom Boom and Doom report , Marc Faber nicknamed Doctor Doom , a world class investor and a regular speaker at various investment seminars, Dr Marc Faber is well known for his "contrarian" investment approach.
Sunday, March 19, 2017
Marc Faber : 2017 Surprise for Investors is the Stock Market going down
Marc Faber : “Car sales have been weakening, housing has been slowing down, the debt levels are extremely high, and short-term interest rates are going up, so it’s hurting some sectors of the market which are interest rate dependent. And I think the economy by and large will disappoint in the next three months, and therefore one of the predictions and positions I have is to be long Treasury bonds.
But I think the surprise for many investors is that the stock market will go down. I would say a bear market is overdue and a recession is overdue.
The one thing that we need to consider which is important for, say, precious metals investors, is the following: Let’s say the Fed realizes that the deficits for the U.S. go up and that interest rates increase and that the economy slows down, do you really think that they will increase the Fed funds rate three times in 2017? Never. What they will aim at, then, is to essentially bring interest rates down, especially if by then the dollar is still strong. And so they will probably launch QE4 in 2017. I think that will be a surprise for many people — not for me, but for many people that will be a surprise.
So as a surprise I would say A, a stock market that goes down, B, a recession, and C, a bond market rally and precious metals going…
Source Kingworldnews
Contrarian Investor Dr.Marc Faber is an international investor known for his uncanny predictions of the stock market and futures markets around the world.
Popular Posts
-
Marc Faber : I have been writing every month that people should accumulate gold. Yes, there is more room for gold to appreciate further. Mo...
-
Marc Faber : we are in end game , a crackup Boom that will end badly Alex Jones talks with investment analyst and entrepreneur Marc Faber...
-
Marc Faber Podcast on Gold, Inflation, and Emerging Markets Contrarian Investor Dr.Marc Faber is an international ...
-
Marc Faber : the markets has experienced everywhere huge technical damage and near term as of today all markets are extremely extremely o...
-
Gold Prices Set to Break The All-Time High Record of $2000/oz Gold may be a barbarous relic, but we live in barbarous times. ...
-
Marc Faber : If you look at the environment we are in , there are a lot of similarities with 2008 where basically the financing for the exp...
-
Marc Faber : “The only thing I have to say, basically the market has sold off in such a rapid way and with so much momentum that I am smell...
-
Gold May Fall to $1,100 says Marc Faber, author of the Gloom, Boom and Doom Report, tells CNBC that he thinks gold could fall to $1,100 an ...
-
Marc Faber author publisher and editor of The Gloom Boom and Doom report has just released his latest issue of the Gloom, Boom, and Doom Re...
-
Marc Faber : It would not surprise me to see gold down to 1,600 dollars because recently there has been probably a bit too much enthusiasm....