Subscribe via Email:

Sunday, May 29, 2011

The Inflation in the US is ten percent

Marc Faber : "...we had a huge run in asset prices , from the lows in March 2009 until recently , I do not think they will continue to go up a lot , I rather think that QE2 will come to an end that we will have a correction and then we will have more money printing but it may not help the economy at all "

"...I think what will happen is that these deficits will stay very high and that they will lead to very high inflation rates most likely hyperinflation not tomorrow but over time , all I can say is I travel a lot and I am surprised that the US can publish a consumer price index of two percent when everything I see is up significantly in price not a little bit , significantly and so I think here the rate of inflation has to be closer between 5 and 10 percent ,in my opinion closer to ten percent than five percent ,and elsewhere I also see prices going up substantially and so the potential for high inflation is actually there ....."
in an interview with Bloomberg TV 25 May 2011



Related ETFs: SPDR GOld ETF (GLD), Powershares DB SPDR Gold ETF (GLD), Newmont Mining (NEM), Barrick Gold (ABX), GoldCorp (GG) Agriculture Fund (DBA), ProShares UltraShort 20+ Year Trea (ETF) (NYSE:TBT), iShares Barclays 20+ Yr Treas.Bond (ETF) (NYSE:TLT) United States Oil Fund (USO), SPDR Gold ETF (GLD), Powershares DB Agriculture ETF (DBA) SPDR S&P 500 ETF (NYSE:SPY), SPDR Dow Jones Industrial Average ETF (NYSE:DIA), iShares Russell 2000 Index (ETF) (NYSE:IWM), PowerShares QQQ Trust, Series 1 (ETF) (NASDAQ:QQQ)
Contrarian Investor Dr.Marc Faber is an international investor known for his uncanny predictions of the stock market and futures markets around the world.
MARC FABER BLOG

Popular Posts