Subscribe via Email:

Monday, March 4, 2013

March 2013 Gloom Boom Doom- Asset deflation worries

The March 2013 Monthly Market Commentary (MMC) was published on the MMC subscribers only section and emailed on 1-Mar-2013. "I do not believe in a deflationary Collapse but I am afraid of it" I worry about the time when the current asset inflation will give way to a serious asset deflation, which will inevitably happen sometime in the future. As an observer of markets I am, therefore, concerned that the decline in gold prices could be telling us that we are about to enter a period of asset deflation. I should like to make two points very clear. I am not sure when the asset deflation will start. Most likely, different asset classes will deflate at different times and with different intensity. The second point I wanted to make is the following. In a deflationary environment (whenever it will happen), financial assets (stocks, government and corporate bonds especially high yield bonds) would likely be the most vulnerable assets. In fact, in a deflationary collapse, I would envision money to flow into a sound currency and move out of “funny” paper monies. Therefore, I continue recommending the gradual accumulation of physical gold. Similarly, most societies die because of their ill-conceived fiscal and monetary policies, and not because of their economic problems.

Contrarian Investor Dr.Marc Faber is an international investor known for his uncanny predictions of the stock market and futures markets around the world.

MARC FABER BLOG

Popular Posts